Nursing Home Quality Improvement Collaborative
Superior Health Quality Alliance’s (Superior Health) Nursing Home Quality Improvement Collaborative expands on years of experience assisting nursing homes with improving the quality of care and the quality of life of people living in nursing homes. Superior Health provides each participating nursing home with the following:
- data-driven technical assistance
- education, tools and resources to build capability, efficiency and expertise
- assistance meeting and exceeding regulatory requirements
We recognize changes in payment models are driving changes in the way work is done—we’re here to help you navigate with success.
Participants of this collaborative receive information about improving your nursing home’s quality and implementing high-quality, seamless transitions of care. In addition, your organization is invited to join initiatives focused on chronic disease prevention and self-care, increase patient safety and improve behavioral health and opioid misuse.
All Cause Harm Prevention in Nursing Homes
Change Package | National Nursing Home Quality Care Collaborative
Infection Prevention and Control
Quality Measure Tip Sheet: Influenza Vaccine – Long and Short Stay
Quality Measure Tip Sheet: Pneumococcal Vaccine – Long and Short Stay
Nursing Home Quality Measures
Five-Star Quality Measure Rating Excel Calculation Tool Instructions (PDF)
Nursing Home Compare Five-Star Quality Measure Rating Calculation Tool (Excel)
How to Access the Nursing Home Five-Star
Rating Preview Report (PDF)
CMS Five-Star Quality Measure Rating at a Glance (PDF)
Change Bundle: Avoidance of Unnecessary Antipsychotic Medications in Nursing Home Residents Living with Dementia
How to Help Your Loved One: Improve Dementia Care by Reducing Unnecessary Antipsychotic Drugs
Mental and Behavioral Health in Long Term Care
Information Sheet: Antipsychotic Medication Use for Person with Dementia Living in Long-Term Care Facilities
Older Adult Mental Health Video Training Series
Technology Solutions and Platforms to Combat Social Isolation (PDF)
National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN)
C. difficile Reporting Guide for Long Term Care Facilities (PDF)
FAQs for Reporting C. difficile (CDI) in National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) (PDF)
How to Share Your NHSN Data with Superior Health Quality Alliance (PDF)
Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI)
QAPI Meeting Agenda Guide
QAPI Meeting Agenda (Word Doc)
QAPI Written Plan How-to Guide (Word Doc)
Root Cause Analysis Toolkit for Long-Term Care
Findings from the Field
Playlist of Findings from the Field Videos
Front Line Forces
Front Line Forces training modules and resources cover topics developed with the nursing assistant in mind, created specifically for those working in nursing homes and long-term care. They are also helpful to other health care settings.
The Focus of Our Work
Superior Health is powered by eight organizations with proven success driving achievement of Medicare quality improvement program goals. Superior Health will work to improve the quality of health and health care for health care consumers, patients, clinicians, health care organizations and communities by supporting these five areas:
- Improve nursing home quality focusing on reducing unnecessary resident harm, reducing hospitalizations and increasing a facility’s Five Star Quality Rating.
- Increase quality of care transitions through engagement of community coalitions to reduce unnecessary emergency department visits and increase medication safety.
- Increase chronic disease prevention and self-care for those living with cardiovascular disease, diabetes and chronic kidney disease.
- Increase patient safety including reducing adverse drug events and healthcare-related infections.
- Improve behavioral health and opioid misuse through prevention and access to health services.
Show Your Progress with Data
KeyMetrics is the data collection and reporting tool for the QIN-QIO work. Please click the image below to access this tool.