A Goal That Will Stick
Last updated Jan. 24, 2023
Staying up to date with recommended COVID-19 vaccines and boosters is an important way to protect ourselves and those around us.
You are likely already talking with staff, residents and families about COVID-19 vaccines, bivalent boosters and providing current information and answering questions. To support your efforts, we have put together a collection of resources you can use, depending on your needs, to help residents and staff set “A Goal That Will Stick” to get up to date with their COVID-19 vaccines and have a healthy year.
- Scripting for talking about vaccinations, written from the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) perspective, use this resource to open up conversation about the COVID-19 bivalent booster.
- Scripting for talking about vaccinations, written from the Licensed Staff perspective, use this resource to open up conversation about the COVID-19 bivalent booster.
- Motivational Interviewing (MI) resource, learn more about MI and get tips for incorporating MI into your conversations about vaccines.
- Strategies for talking with residents and families, consider using these strategies and approaches in your vaccine education program.
- Myths and Facts About COVID-19 Bivalent Boosters – use this resource when talking about the bivalent booster to help address common concerns.
- Share Your Story template – a poster your Activities Director and other team members can work with residents and staff members to fill out about their decision to set A Goal That Will Stick to get the COVID-19 bivalent booster and what they are looking forward to doing this year. Encourage people to get creative, decorate their poster and display it!
- Monthly vaccination posters – remind your residents, staff and visitors about vaccinations all year with these monthly vaccination posters. They are easy to download, print and display throughout your nursing home.
- 48 Hour Care Plan
- Immunization Baseline Care Plan
More COVID-19 resources are available on the Superior Health Quality Alliance COVID-19 webpage.