This webinar will provide information on the 2017 Hypertension Guidelines released by the American Heart Association and the American College of Cardiologists. The audience will learn how these guidelines assist in controlling hypertension through accurate blood pressure measurement, acting rapidly to minimize clinical inertia and partnering with patients, families and communities to improve patient engagement in their care.
This webinar is intended for nurses, medical assistants and quality improvement personnel. Any healthcare professional with an interest in improving care related to the topic area is welcome to attend.
- Understand the revisions to the hypertension categories in the 2017 Hypertension Guidelines
- Learn how the 2017 Hypertension Guidelines affect blood pressure measurement in and out of the office setting
- Understand how to prevent clinical inertia and how to engage patients in controlling hypertension.
Linda Murakami, RN, BSN, MSHA
Senior Program Manager, Quality Improvement; Chronic Disease Prevention and Management
American Medical Association
- Click here to register.
- Click “Register” on the left.
- Enter your registration ID as prompted
a. If the text boxes and “Join Now” button are inactive, refresh your web browser
- You will receive an email with the call and login information.
- Note: This email may go to your spam or junk folder. It will come from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click or Copy and Paste this URL to your web browser: https://qualitynet.webex.com.
- This should bring you to the QualityNet e-University webpage.
- Locate the event you wish to join and click “Join” (located to the right of the event title).
- Enter your name and email address as prompted.
- Enter the password: Guidelines
- The automatic system set-up should start at this point. If a dialogue box appears, click run. Please note, the automatic system set-up does take a few minutes to complete.
- Dial in to the teleconference:
- Teleconference Number: 1-877-615-4339
- Enter Access Code: 7457538#
If you have questions or concerns, contact Ashley Green, (608) 274-1940, email@example.com.