The purpose of the presentation is to familiarize the participants with the TeamSTEPPS program and some of the tools used to improve teamwork and communication.
Upon completion of this program, attendees will be able to:
- Define the use of TeamSTEPPS as part of an overall quality improvement program
- Implement two TeamSTEPPS tools in the workplace
Victoria Kennel, MA, is a research associate at the University of Nebraska Medical Center and a member of UNMC’s Patient Safety Team. She also is a PhD candidate in the Industrial/Organizational Psychology program at the University of Nebraska. Victoria is a TeamSTEPPS Master Trainer and has a passion for improving teamwork and collaboration among inter-disciplinary healthcare teams. Her research and professional interests are in organizational culture, leadership, teamwork, creativity and innovation, organizational learning, patient safety, and quality improvement.
To Participate (Please join the event 15 minutes prior to the start time.)
- Go to: https://qualitynet.webex.com
- This should bring you to the QualityNet e-University webpage
- Locate the event you wish to join and click “Join”
- Enter your name and email address as prompted
- Enter the password: Communication
- The automatic system set-up should start at this point. If a dialogue box appears, click run. Please note, the automatic system set-up does take a few minutes to complete
- Dial in to the teleconference: 888-896-0862, the access code is 39385723
If you have any questions or problems accessing the web portion of this meeting, please call the General Dynamics Information Technology WebEx Helpline at 540-347-7400, EXT 390.
Peg Gilbert, RN, MS, CIC, Great Plains Quality Innovation Network, Quality Improvement Advisor, Regional Lead via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 402-802-7997.
A Great 8+ webinar brought to you by the Great Plains Quality Innovation Network, the QIN-QIO serving Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota, in partnership with the QIN-QIOs serving Alaska, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.