MDS Part 2: Sections C, D, F and J: Capturing Resident Voice through Resident Interviews. Person-centered care is a focal point for improving resident outcomes, regulatory compliance and higher QM ratings. The RAI process harnesses resident voice through MDS Sections C, D, F and J, but is often underrated in its positive impact on resident outcomes. Social services, activities, and nurses all have an impact on data in these sections, but how often do all three disciplines collaborate in coding? This webinar is sponsored by American Association of Nurse Assessment Coordination (AANAC).
- Learn how to successfully meet the charting and coding requirements for Section C, D, F, and J.
- Learn coding instructions and descriptions of the new items.
- Gain insights into how social services, activities, and nurses can collaborate in completing the required sections.
Judi Kulus, MSN, MAT, RN, NHA, RAC-MT, DNS-CT, QCP, is the vice president of curriculum development for AANAC. As a certified Master Teacher for the RAC-CT since 2004 and a nursing home administrator since 1987, she has focused her work on supporting facilities in managing the RAI process, MDS coding and nursing system quality improvement. Her background is in nursing home quality care, cost containment, revenue accuracy, customer satisfaction, care planning, and Medicare compliance, and she maintains a comprehensive knowledge of federal regulations.
- Click or copy and paste this URL into your browser: https://qualitynet.webex.com. This should bring you to the QualityNet e-University webpage.
- Locate the event you wish to join, click “Join” (located to the right of the event title).
- Enter your name and email address as prompted.
- Enter the password: MDS4SNF (The automatic system set-up should start at this point. If a dialogue box appears, click “Run.” Please note: The automatic system set-up takes a few minutes to complete.)
- Dial into the teleconference: 1-888-896-0862. The access code is 42631885.
- If you have questions or problems accessing the web portion of this meeting, call the Ventech Solutions WebEx Helpline at (571) 598-1988.
Download flier Great 8 MDS Webinar Series 2.
Download PDF slide handouts.
Download PDF Additional Handouts.
Download PDF Resident Care Assessment and Screening.
Contact Pamela Longmire at Pamela.Longmire@area-h.hcqis.org, 406-457-5885.
A Great 8+ presentation brought to you by Mountain-Pacific Quality Health, the Medicare QIN-QIO serving Montana, Wyoming, Hawaii and Alaska , in partnership with the QIN-QIOs serving Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Michigan, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, and Wisconsin.