MDS Part 1: Section GG: What You Need to Know about Coding the New Section GG. October 1 is fast approaching, and every facility needs to complete the new Section GG items on the MDS. Do not let a rocky start have an impact on the coming QMs that will be triggered by Section GG and ultimately be used to adjust your facility’s Medicare A payments. This webinar is sponsored by American Association of Nurse Assessment Coordination (AANAC).
- Learn how to successfully meet the charting and coding requirements for Section GG.
- Learn coding instructions and descriptions of the new items.
- Gain insights into how nursing and therapy can collaborate in completing the required sections.
Amy Franklin, RN, RAC-MT, is a curriculum development specialist for AADNS. Previously, Amy was corporate compliance director of reimbursement for Metron Integrated Health Systems, overseeing the RAI process and quality for multiple facilities. She has more than 20 years of healthcare service experience. She has spoken as a subject matter expert on clinical and reimbursement issues at regional and national levels. Amy is certified as an AANAC Master Teacher and ICD-10 CM/PCS trainer (AHIMA). She is a dedicated advocate for residents and passionate about quality care and service delivery.
- Click or copy and paste this URL into your browser: https://qualitynet.webex.com. This should bring you to the QualityNet e-University webpage.
- Locate the event you wish to join, click “Join” (located to the right of the event title).
- Enter your name and email address as prompted.
- Enter the password: MDS4SNF (The automatic system set-up should start at this point. If a dialogue box appears, click “Run.” Please note: The automatic system set-up takes a few minutes to complete.)
- Dial into the teleconference: 1-888-896-0862. The access code is 42631884.
- If you have questions or problems accessing the web portion of this meeting, call the Ventech Solutions WebEx Helpline at (571) 598-1988.
View webinar recording (free sign-in required) for Great MDS Webinar Series 1.
Slide handouts PDF Great 8 MDS Webinar Series 1.
Handout MDS Sections AA and GG.
Handout Section GG Key Coding Tool.
Contact Pamela Longmire at Pamela.Longmire@area-h.hcqis.org, 406-457-5885.
A Great 8+ presentation brought to you by Mountain-Pacific Quality Health, the Medicare QIN-QIO serving Montana, Wyoming, Hawaii and Alaska , in partnership with the QIN-QIOs serving Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Michigan, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, and Wisconsin.