All too often patients do not receive the care they wish for as they approach their last days or in medical emergencies. Having conversations about these situations is difficult for all of us, but it is critical that these conversations happen. It is equally important that patients’ personal choices are honored and respected by those who care for them. This webinar will share how health care professionals can set up strong processes to facilitate advance care planning discussions and remove barriers to engagement.
This webinar will be a discussion on strategies to engage health care professionals in advance care planning, and to:
- Understand best practices in incorporating advance care planning with patients
- Learn about Wisconsin’s efforts to engage health care professionals in advance care planning and how these examples can apply nationwide to different care settings
This presentation is directed to all health care settings across the continuum of care.
Donn Dexter, MD
Chief Medical Officer
Honoring Choices Wisconsin
Wisconsin Medical Society
(Please join the event 15 minutes prior to the start time to allow sufficient time to be connected. Presentation will begin promptly.)
- Click or Copy and Paste this to your web browser: https://qualitynet.webecom
- Locate the event you wish to join. Click Join Now (located to the right of the event title).
- Enter your name and email address as prompt
- Enter the password: Planning
- Dial in to the teleconference at 1-888-896-0862 and enter access code 41044639
If you have questions or problems accessing the meeting, call the WebEx Helpline at 571-598-1988
Contact Jess King at email@example.com or 1-608-441-8208.
Download Respecting Personal Choices: Part 2
Brought to you by the Lake Superior Quality Innovation Network, the Medicare QIN-QIO serving Minnesota, Michigan, and Wisconsin in partnership with the QIN-QIOs serving Alaska, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah and Wyoming