This webinar is in follow up to the evidence-based guidelines for implementation and measurement of antibiotic stewardship interventions in inpatient populations that were recently published in the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases.
Hospital Infection Prevention and Quality Staff.
- Describe what an antibiotic stewardship program (ASP) does and its benefits
- Learn strategies to use when establishing an ASP
- Identify at least one ASP intervention that could be implemented or enhanced at your facility
Tamar Barlam, MD, MSc – Dr. Barlam is an associate professor of Medicine at Boston University School of Medicine, attending physician in the Section of Infectious Diseases, the program director for the Infectious Disease Training Program, and the director of antimicrobial stewardship for the Boston Medical Center. She has close to 30 years’ experience directing antimicrobial stewardship programs. Her research is focused on understanding factors that influence antimicrobial prescribing, and the implementation and impact of stewardship interventions.
- Click or copy and paste this URL to your web browser: https://qualitynet.webex.com/qualitynet/onstage/g.php?MTID=efbf4c979031d9125047a183d591e1e3b
- Click “Register” (located to the right of the event title)
- Enter your information as prompted and click “Submit”
- You will receive an email with the call and login information.
Note: This email may go to your spam or junk folder. It will come from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the presentation handout.
Download New Antibiotic Stewardship Program flier.
Be sure to save your registration confirmation email from WebEx so you can connect to the webinar. Questions about registration or access problems? Call the Ventech Solutions WebEx Helpline at 571-598-1988. Other questions? Please email Sarah Brinkman, email@example.com.