- Recognize and explain data sources used to support quality improvement efforts
- Describe the 5-Star Rating system and implications of the February 2015 updates
- Explain CASPER reports
- Understand Composite Score measure
- Utilize the 5-Star Rating, CASPER reports, and the Composite Score measure to support quality improvement efforts
This presentation is directed to the long-term care setting.
Presenters: Kelly O’Neill, RN, BSN, MPA, CPHQ, and Marilyn Reierson, MS
Kelly and Marilyn are national leaders in health care performance improvement who focus on improving the quality of care and quality of life for people living and working in nursing homes. Together, they provide leadership for resident quality improvement and safety activities in nursing homes across the country as part of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Quality Improvement Organization (QIO) National Coordinating Center. They were key developers of resources and tools for the Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI) national demonstration project to support implementation of QAPI at the nursing home level.
(Please join the event 15 minutes prior to the start time.)
- Go to: https://qualitynet.webex.com
- Locate the event you wish to join, click “Join Now” (located to the right of the event title).
- Enter your name and email address as prompted.
- Enter the password: Reports (The automatic system set-up should start at this point. If a dialogue box appears, click run. Please note the automatic system set-up does take a few minutes to complete.)
- Dial in to the teleconference: 1-888-896-0862. The confirmation number is 39938217.
If you have questions or problems accessing the meeting, call the General Dynamics Information Technology WebEx Helpline at 1-540-347-7400 x390.
Contact Barb Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (952)-853-8534
A Great 8+ webinar brought to you by Mountain-Pacific Quality Health, the QIN-QIO serving Montana, Wyoming, Hawaii and Alaska, in partnership with the QIN-QIOs serving Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Michigan, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, and Wisconsin.