This webinar is designed to provide the participant an overview of alcohol screening in primary care settings and explain different methods providers can use to address their patients’ alcohol use.
Social workers, nurses, nurse practitioners, psychologists, behavioral health clinicians, ambulatory staff, discharge planners and case managers
- Identify the primary reasons why screening for alcohol in primary care is important
- Understand how to use alcohol screening tools; CAGE and AUDIT-C
- Describe how to advise patients on hazardous drinking behaviors
- Identify community resources and how to access them
- Examine the most common medications used to treat alcohol use disorders in primary care
Mark Loush, LMSW, CAADC, Clinical Quality Consultant, MPRO
- Click here to register.
- Click “Register” on the left.
- Enter the information as prompted.
- You will receive an email with the call and login information. Note: This email may go to your spam or junk folder. It will come from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go to https://qualitynet.webex.com – this should bring you to the QualityNet e-University webpage
- Locate the event you wish to join and click “Join” (located to the right of the event title)
- Enter your name and email address as prompted
- Enter the password: Alcohol
- The automatic system set-up should start at this point. If a dialogue box appears, click run. Please note, the automatic system set-up does take a few minutes to complete
- Dial in to the teleconference: 866-861-7910
If you have questions or concerns, contact Mark Loush, 248-465-1375, email@example.com.