Flu season is fast approaching. Influenza is a serious health threat, especially for vulnerable populations like older adults and people living with chronic medical conditions. Learn about the importance of influenza vaccination for health care personnel (HCP) in long-term care (LTC), when HCP should get vaccinated, and the barriers and strategies to improving influenza vaccination among health care personnel.
Nurses and nursing assistants/nursing aides in long term care.
- Describe who is considered Health Care Personnel (HCP) in Long Term Care (LTC)
- Identify the risk to HCP who do not receive annual flu vaccination
- Describe the adverse effect of Influenza on older adults/nursing home residents
- Identify barriers and strategies to improving influenza vaccination among HCP in LTC
Kathleen Lavich, RN, Senior Clinical Quality Consultant, MPRO
- Click here to register
- Click “Register” on the left.
- Enter the information as prompted.
- Note: This email may go to your spam or junk folder. It will come from the email address email@example.com.
- You will receive an email with the call and login information.
- Click or copy and paste this URL to your web browser: https://qualitynet.webex.com/
- This should bring you to the QualityNet e-University webpage.
- Locate the event you wish to join and click “Join” (located to the right of the event title).
- Enter your name and email address as prompted.
- Enter the password: Vaccinate
- The automatic system set-up should start at this point. If a dialogue box appears, click run. Please note, the automatic system set-up does take a few minutes to complete.
- Dial in to the teleconference: 866-861-7910
- No code necessary
Download handout: TBD
If you have questions or concerns, contact Kathleen Lavich, 248-465-7399, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Continuing Education Information
Learn more about continuing education credits.