This webinar is designed to provide the participant an overview of opioids, licit and Illicit. It will cover opioid types, physiology and neurobiology and opioid effects. It will also cover abuse and dependence to opioids, current treatment modalities, including Medication Assisted Treatment, as well strategies to combat opioid overdose and misuse.
Social workers, nurses, nurse practitioners, psychologists, behavioral health clinicians, ambulatory staff, discharge planners and case managers
- Describe the different types of opioids and their physiological and psychological effects
- Examine the neurobiology of opioids
- Recognize how abuse, dependence, tolerance and addiction to opioids occurs
- Discuss the treatment modalities available to treat opioid addiction
- Identify national, state and local efforts to combat opioid overdose and misuse
Mark Loush, LMSW, CAADC, Clinical Quality Consultant, MPRO
View recording of Understanding Opioids webinar on the Lake Superior QIN YouTube channel.
1.0 nursing contact hour will be awarded. This contact hour will satisfy the Michigan Licensure Renewal requirement for one contact hour on the topic of pain and pain management. MPRO (OH-296, 8/1/2018) is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Ohio Nurses Association (OBN-001-91), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Social work CEs have been applied for in Michigan and this webinar will apply toward MI nursing CE requirements for chronic pain.
Continuing Education Information for Wisconsin and Minnesota
If you have questions or concerns, contact Mark Loush, 248-465-1375, email@example.com.