In partnership with the Minnesota HomeCare and Minnesota Hospital Associations, Lake Superior QIN’s Home Health Gap Collaborative will be highlighting the tools and strategies they developed to tackle the issues and barriers to increasing the acceptance and use of home health services following a hospitalization or other referral. The tools developed include a reader-friendly education tool about home health services for patients and caregivers and a discharge planning process tool to be used by referring organizations and home health agencies.
Health care and community-based organization professionals from across the continuum of care (hospitals, home health, skilled nursing, clinics, etc.) who are interested in increasing the utilization of home health services with the goal of reducing readmissions.
- Identify common issues for when a home health referral is given at discharge for a patient, but not accepted or implemented.
- Discuss successful approaches used by hospitals and other referring organizations and home health agencies in the acceptance and use of home health services.
- Use tools and resources developed by a statewide collaboration to increase the acceptance of home health services.
- Kristen Husen, PT, Home Care & Hospice Director, CentraCare Health
- Angie Pokharel, MHS, Minnesota Hospital Association
- Kari Schafer, RN, Home Care Manager, Accra Home Health, Inc.
- Janelle Shearer, RN, BSN, MA, Program Manager, Stratis Health
- Visit the registration and join page.
- Click “Register” on the left.
- Enter the information as prompted.
- You will receive an email with the call and login information.
Note: This email may go to your spam or junk folder. It will come from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions, contact Janelle Shearer, 952-853-8553, email@example.com.