This free workshop is recommended for medical and health care partners:
- Long term care
- Communicable disease and infection prevention staff
- Site emergency manager/planner
- Any staff who are liaisons to the health department for routine and non-routine disease threats
Lunch is provided at no cost to the participant.
- Special Pathogens Unit and Special Pathogen Response Network (SPURN)
- Ebola monitoring program updates and lessons learned
- Laboratory updates and specimen shipping to MDHHS
- Avian and Swine Influenza updates
Check-in and lunch: 11:30 a.m.
Workshop starts: 12:15 p.m.
End time: 3:45 p.m.
Deadline to reserve seats is Feb. 17!
Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS)
Kimberly Signs, DVM Zoonotic Disease Epidemiologist
Shannon Sharp, MT(ASCP)SBB Bioterrorism Coordinator, Bureau of Laboratories
Jay Fiedler, MS Surveillance/Infectious Disease Epidemiologist, Special Pathogens Unit
Diane Forys, R.S.
Emergency Preparedness Coordinator
Margaret Sturgis, R.N.
Preventative Health and Immunizations Supervisor