- Review updates and best practices for SSI prevention from various guidelines
- Highlight practical recommendations from SHEA Compendium of Strategies to guide acute care hospitals in implementing and prioritizing SSI prevention efforts
- Reinforce the benefit of a multi-modal, bundle approach to SSI prevention
Dale Bratzler, DO, MPH, is a Professor in the Department of Health Administration and Policy and Associate Dean in the College of Public Health/Professor in the College of Medicine at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center. He serves as the Chief Quality Officer of OU Physicians. He most recently assumed the role of medical director of the Clinical Skills Education and Testing Center at the University of Oklahoma. Dr. Bratzler has worked in the field of healthcare quality measurement and improvement for many years. He received his medical degree from the Kansas City University College of Medicine and Biosciences and his Master’s degree in Public Health from the University of Oklahoma. He is board certified in internal medicine, a Master of the American College of Osteopathic Internists, and a Fellow of the Infectious Diseases Society of America. His research interests have focused on prevention of surgical infections. In addition to speaking on this topic in nearly every state, he is an author on multiple national guidelines on prevention of surgical site infections.
To Participate (Please join the event 15 minutes prior to the start time.)
- Go to: https://qualitynet.webex.com
- Locate the event you wish to join, click “Join Now” (located to the right of the event title).
- Enter your name and email address as prompted.
- Enter the password: Infections (The automatic system set-up should start at this point. If a dialogue box appears, click run. Please note the automatic system set-up does take a few minutes to complete.)
- Dial into the teleconference: 1-888-896-0862. The access code is 40898877.