With the current state of our nation’s opioid epidemic, now more than ever there is a focus on managing both acute and chronic pain in safer, more effective ways. This webinar will discuss current best practices for safer prescribing of opioids, with an emphasis on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain. Additionally, it will offer insight on how to apply these recommendations into everyday clinical workflow and treating patients.
Physicians and care teams.
- Discuss the public health burden of the opioid epidemic.
- Identify how The Michigan Automated Prescription System applies to responsible prescribing.
- Describe best practices for safer opioid prescribing for acute and chronic pain.
- Apply skills learned in the webinar to real world clinical settings.
- Click here to register.
- Click “Register” on the left.
- Enter the information as prompted.
- You will receive an email with the call and login information.
- Note: This email may go to your spam or junk folder. It will come from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions, contact Karen Hering, 248-465-1020, email@example.com.
View the continuing education information sheet here.