HAIs are a significant cause of morbidity and mortality. At any given time, about 1 in every 25 inpatients has an infection related to hospital care. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has identified the reduction of HAIs as an Agency Priority Goal for the Department and is committed to reducing the national rate of HAIs. The National Action Plan to Prevent Health Care-Associated Infections: Road Map to Elimination (HAI Action Plan) has identified new five-year HAI targets for the acute care hospital measures.
Don Wright, MD, MPH, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Health Director, Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health, Department of Health and Human Services.
- Provide an overview of the development of the HAI Action Plan
- Discuss action plan HAI measures for acute care settings (Phase 1)
- Discuss targets for the prevention of HAIs in the acute care setting
- Share HAI reduction strategies and next steps
- Click here to go to the registration page.
- If above link doesn’t work, copy and paste this URL into your browser: http://bit.ly/1ft18Z0
- Click “Register”
- Fill out the required information
- Click “Submit”
- Once approved, you will receive a confirmation email with the meeting information and the registration ID that will be used to log into the WebEx portion of the meeting. Please note, this email may go to your spam or junk folder. It will come from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.