Change is hard. Our success, as home health professionals, in helping people manage their chronic conditions and maintain a state-of-wellness often depends upon our ability to effectively communicate and promote healthy behavior change. Motivational Interviewing (MI) offers an evidence-based model for effective conversations about change. This two-part webinar series will introduce home health professionals to Motivational Interviewing. Webinar One will offer a brief overview of the evidence base for MI and the foundational spirit of this approach. Webinar Two will introduce the core skill of reflective listening and explore an MI strategy for sharing information in a way that promotes patient engagement. Participants should attend each webinar and complete the independent activities between the two webinars.
Home health professionals interested in MI.
- Identify the spirit of MI, and contrast it with other approaches
- Integrate the core MI skill of reflective listing into your practice
- Utilize one MI strategy in current practice
- Design a plan for next steps in continued development towards proficiency in MI
Mia Croyle, MA
SBIRT Training Program Manager
UW School of Medicine and Public Health, Department of Family and Community Medicine
Mia Croyle is an experienced mental health counselor and a trainer and coach in Motivational Interviewing. She is a member of the Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers (MINT), and has facilitated learning workshops for diverse groups of professionals across the country. After experiencing the positive changes that Motivational Interviewing brought to her own work with individuals addressing a variety of behavior changes, Mia now enjoys sharing Motivational Interviewing with other professionals and helping them think about ways that it might make sense in their work.
- Click here to register.
This process registers you for both webinars (October 10 and October 24).
- Click “Register” on the left.
- Enter the information as prompted.
- Note: This email may go to your spam or junk folder. It will come from the email address email@example.com.
- You will receive an email with the call and login information one week prior to the event.
Call in information will be provided one week prior to the event.
If you have questions or concerns, contact Jenn Yanke, 800-362-2320,
Other Webinars in This Series
Motivational Interviewing for Home Health Professionals: Part Two
October 24, 2017 | Noon – 1:00 pm
Note: if you registered for the October 10 webinar, you do not need to register for the October 24 webinar. Be sure to reserve that hour on your calendar!