Dr. Janet Wright will provide a brief overview of the Million Hearts initiative, as well as a progress report regarding the accomplishments to date. She will highlight the 2016 priorities around aspirin/antithrombotic use, blood pressure control, cholesterol management and smoking cessation (ABCS) as well as additional components such as self-measured BP monitoring (SMBP), identifying hypertensive patients not yet diagnosed, medication adherence and cardiac rehabilitation, as an example of team based care.
Physicians, nurses, and other healthcare staff in clinics, hospitals, and other settings.
- Highlight the 2016 objectives of the Million Hearts initiative
- Discuss team-based care in the context of the Million Hearts initiative’s objectives
- Highlight progress towards 2015 Million Hearts initiative’s objectives
Dr. Janet Wright, MD, FACC, is the executive director of Million Hearts, a Department of Health and Human Services national initiative, co-led by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, with the explicit goal to prevent 1 million heart attacks and strokes in the U.S. by 2017.
- Go to: https://qualitynet.webex.com
- Locate the event you wish to join, click “Join Now” (located to the right of the event title).
- Enter your name and email address as prompted.
- Enter the password: MH (The automatic system set-up should start at this point. If a dialogue box appears, click run. Please note the automatic system set-up does take a few minutes to complete.)
- Dial into the teleconference: 1-888-896-0862. The access code is 41423632.
- Important for downloading slides: Enter the event password next to “Event material” at the bottom of the login page BEFORE joining the event. If you have questions or problems accessing the meeting, call the Ventech Solutions Helpline at 571-598-1988.
Download flier Million Hearts: Getting to a Million from Here
If you have questions or concerns, contact Anna Astalas, 630-928-5832, firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Great 8+ presentation brought to you by Telligen, the Medicare QIO-QIN serving Colorado, Illinois, and Iowa, in partnership with the QIN-QIOs serving Alaska, Kansas, Minnesota, Michigan, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.