Wilder Conference Center
451 Lexington Parkway North
Saint Paul, MN 55104
+ Google Map
Minnesota Department of Health, Minnesota Hospital Association, and Lake Superior Quality Innovation Network, are hosting the 2018 Minnesota Antibiotic Stewardship Conference. This year, the conference will have an ambulatory care focus, with content provided in the form of panels and professionals active in stewardship sharing experiences from the field.
Physicians, physician assistants, nurses, dentists, pharmacists, and other health care professionals are encouraged to attend.
Keynote lecture from Jeffrey Gerber, MD, attending physician in the Division of Infectious Diseases at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, and a senior scholar within the Penn Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics.
Preliminary conference topics include:
- Antibiotic stewardship concepts in ambulatory care settings
- Minnesota stewardship updates and prescribing data
- Community-associated Clostridium difficile infections in Minnesota
- Patient education challenges
- Garnering leadership support for antibiotic stewardship
- Break-out sessions focusing on: Prescribing for Acute respiratory tract infections
- Antibiotic stewardship in emergency departments
- Antibiotic prescribing for dental procedures
- Addressing penicillin allergies
For more information and to register, visit the conference page on the Minnesota Department of Health website.