Preventing Clostridium difficile infections (CDIs) takes a community.
Whether you work in a nursing home, clinic or hospital, CDI is a communal healthcare problem. Every healthcare professional must do their part to decrease CDIs within their facility as well as other facilities. Hear from Erin Epson, MD, from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), on a unique CDI prevention approach that focuses on bringing together all healthcare facilities to combat CDI on a community level, rather than just within the four walls of a facility.
Healthcare professionals, doctors, nurses, infection preventionists, quality staff and nursing home administrators.
The webinar will address the following objectives:
- Provide information on the importance and rationale for using a regional approach to CDI prevention.
- Describe the CDPH Healthcare-Associated Infection (HAI) Program’s model for a regional CDI prevention collaborative.
- Discuss observations and lessons learned from the HAI Program’s experience with the first regional CDI prevention collaborative.
Erin Epson, MD, is a Public Health Medical Officer and Assistant Chief of the CDPH, Healthcare-Associated Infections Program. She is a board-certified infectious disease physician who completed medical epidemiology training as an Epidemic Intelligence Service officer with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). In her role with the CDPH HAI Program, she is principally responsible for overseeing the Antimicrobial Resistance Program activities, which include initiatives to improve antimicrobial prescribing through stewardship, prevent infections and transmission of antimicrobial resistant pathogens, and track antimicrobial use and resistance trends in California healthcare settings.
- Click here to register.
- Click “Register” on the left.
- Enter the information as prompted.
- Click “Submit.” Once approved, you will receive an email with the call and login information.
- Note: This email may go to your spam or junk folder. It will come from the email address email@example.com.
If you have questions or concerns, contact DeAnn Richards, 800-362-2320, firstname.lastname@example.org.
A HAI 19+ presentation brought to you by Health Services Advisory Group, the Medicare QIO-QIN serving Arizona, California, Florida, Ohio, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.