Every day, more than 90 Americans die after overdosing on opioids. The misuse of and addiction to opioids is an ongoing and rapidly evolving public health crisis that is affecting our entire country and local communities. During this webinar, Kate LaFollette, RN and program specialist at Telligen, will discuss the community’s role in opioids and adverse drug events. Join us for this timely webinar to learn ways your organization can use data to develop an action plan based in quality improvement.
This presentation is directed to all health care providers concerned with the opioid epidemic and, more specifically, for those who work in the long-term care setting.
- Describe the OIG (Office of Inspector General) report on Adverse Events in Skilled Nursing Facilities and its findings.
- Review available data and statistics to understand the scope of the issues.
- Use shared information to develop an action plan and begin improvements.
Kate LaFollette, RN, Program Specialist, Telligen. Kate received her diploma from Iowa Methodist School of Nursing. During her 24 years as a nurse, she has worked in skilled care, adult med/surg, clinic setting, and as a director of quality. Her work with Telligen QIN-QIO has been focused on improving care transitions to and from all settings, community coalition building, and supporting QAPI efforts in long term care. She is a master trainer for TeamSTEPPS.
Visit Telligen website for page with recording, slide deck, and slide handouts.
- Go to: https://qualitynet.webex.com
- Locate the event you wish to join, click “Join Now” (located to the right of the event title).
- Enter your name and email address as prompted.
- Enter the password: Opioid (The automatic system set-up should start at this point. If a dialogue box appears, click run. Please note the automatic system set-up does take a few minutes to complete.)
- Dial into the teleconference: 1-888-896-0862. The access code is 463 95 635.
- If you have problems accessing the meeting, call Ventech at 1-540-347-7400 x390.
Download PDF slide handouts.
Download flier Community Role.
For questions, contact Lyndsay Fluharty at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-554-1459
A Great 8+ presentation brought to you by Telligen, the QIN-QIO serving Colorado, Illinois, and Iowa, in partnership with the QIN-QIOs serving Alaska, Hawaii, Kansas, Minnesota, Michigan, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.