Healthcare Academy’s webinar on behavior management in dementia will present how to recognize, identify, and treat behaviors effectively.
Long term care staff.
- Recognize two common behaviors of dementia.
- Identify two appropriate indications for use of antipsychotics.
- Identify one “target behavior” to be managed in the clinical environment.
- Describe one non drug management approach to address a “target behavior”.
- Describe one drug management approach to address a “target behavior”.
Robert Sonntag, MD, has made it his mission to help nurses and other health professionals working in long term care to learn new skills to improve the care of the elderly. He offers a unique approach, sharing his clinical experience and expertise, and anecdotes that make his presentations memorable and useful. As one of the first certified medical directors in Minnesota, Dr. Sonntag is a medical advisor for Care Choice and the Medical Director for 8 nursing facilities in Minneapolis. In his medical director role, his primary purpose is to educate others, and, as a result, provide better care to those in long term care. He is also certified in the following: internal medicine, geriatrics, hospice and palliative care.
Click here to register.