Please join the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and Lake Superior QIN for an important update on adult immunizations. This live webinar offers participants a unique insight into the alarmingly low adult coverage rates and the recommended strategies to address these rates.
Pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, medical assistants, public health personnel, and other health care personnel involved in adult immunizations.
- Discuss the impact of adult vaccinations
- List the steps of the adult immunization standards
- Describe the burden of vaccine-preventable diseases
- Identify immunization disparities that exist among adults
- Discuss evidence-based strategies to improve immunization rates
- Recognize that adult immunization coverage levels in the United States and Michigan are low
Heidi Loynes, BSN, R.N. has more than 18 years of experience as an office/hospital/community health staff nurse with more than 6 years of experience as an Immunization Nurse Educator at the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS), Division of Immunization.
Heidi has worked with immunization providers (both public and private) in all aspects of immunization practice including storage, handling, immunization assessment, screening, administration, and documentation. She continually seeks opportunities to increase her immunization knowledge through attendance at immunization-related conferences, teleconferences and online learning opportunities. Heidi has presented at the MDHHS Fall Regional Immunization Conferences for several years in a row and has given multiple immunization presentations at local, regional and state-wide conferences and events. She has valued experience presenting and educating on the subject of immunization practices.
- 1. Click or Copy and Paste this URL to your web browser: https://nvite.com/AdultImmz/ecea
2. Click on Register (you may register through email or LinkedIn account).
3. Enter the requested information. Please provide your full name.
4. Submit your registration.
5. Once approved, you will receive a confirmation email and the event details and CE credit information will follow.
6. Space is limited, register today!We look forward to your participation!
If you have questions or concerns, contact Jackie Chandler, 517-241-4829, ChandlerJ3@michigan.gov.